MirrorGlassWorld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jiiirctyvyubnmk

Go down

jiiirctyvyubnmk Empty jiiirctyvyubnmk

Post  Admin Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:51 pm

I am not sure how many people think the same way I do about the VR-4, but I am getting bored reading car magazines describing the benefits of this performance car or that. I have just finished reading NZ Autocar May and June 2007 editions. In May, it had a comparison of 1999 BMW 328i Coupe vs 2007 BMW 335i Coupe, and in June, it had a review of the A5/S5. After reading these two articles, I was left with the impression of how good the VR-4 is.

The BMW article, finished with a comment of how simpler the older car was to the newer one and therefore somewhat better and therefore preferred, even though it was not as fast or refined. The comment can apply equally to the VR-4. The A5/S5 article was talking about the various technical features, the ability to move more torque to the rear, which the VR-4 has a passive form of, a future Porsche designed transmission in a later model, which the VR-4 has, and of course 4WD. I can't help but be left with the impression that the VR-4 is such a good car even today.

The VR-4 Type-S model, which is the top of the range model (excluding the Super VR-4 special) has so many items that are still being talked about as advanced features or options on new cars. These include;
Active-Stability-Control (ASC), which is now known is electronic stability control and comes into play only when needed
Active-Yaw-Control (AYC) (members-only), which allows the car to take corners a lot faster than normal cars
This is in addition to four-wheel-drive (4WD), traction-control (TC), anti-lock-braking system (ABS) and a 5-speed Tiptronic transmission (members only), that really works. In addition, my personal car has the Ralliart Suspension Option, 17" alloys and Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres, transforms the car's handling to a new level.

While the VR-4 may not have the power of some of the newer performance cars, some members have seen fit to remedy this situation, to truly make the VR-4 as relevant today as it was when it was first released. After owning the car for nearly four years and almost losing it recently in an accident (since restored - see mine in members cars), I am even more convinced it is the car I want to own for as long as I can. And yes, I will still keep reading about performance cars in Auto Magazines, convinced in the knowledge that the VR-4 is still a great "Sports Saloon" even it is over 10 years old.

Admin
Admin

https://mirrorglassworld.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum